1963 Hammond L-101 Project!
This is a 1963 Hammond
L-101 I got from a friend of mine. We went to an estate sale this
morning and found it and a Leslie 125 (single-rotor two-speed
Leslie often sold with spinet organs; it has no upper horn, only
a 12" speaker and a wooden scoop rotor). The sellers only
wanted $100 for the rig, so my friend, who owns an M-3 but no
Leslie, bought it. He gave the L-101 to me in exchange for installing
its Leslie kit in his M-3 and setting up the 125 with it.
I'm in the process of
making a custom Leslie kit to run my 45 with it. Piece o' duck.
Like nearly all Hammond spinets of that era, the AC line cord
was in sorry and dangerous shape. I had an outlet box left over
from a parts C-2, so I'm installing that to allow detachable line
cords like my B-2 and B-3 use. Like I've always said - old Hammonds
never die, they just end up in other Hammonds. ;-)
Yup, that's a used porcelain
6-pin female socket. No, I don't have any new ones. Yes, I need
to spend some $$$ and get a stock of fresh new connectors going!
This will do here, however. I could use a nice new soldering station
as far as that goes...<sigh>
A view inside the rear
of the organ. This is *after* I dusted.
A close view of the upper
compartment. The left chassis is the vibrato unit, and the right
chassis is the percussion amplifier.